As the project comes to a close, and the new one is just starting to roll out, I figured I should review the Tri-X project. It has been an interesting time for sure, and yes, rules were broken well mostly, switching over to the FM2 then back to the F3. But overall I learned several things over the course of the project.
1. The FM2 likes a 1/3 stop over exposure in dark situation, and a 1/3 under for bright situations.
2. The F3 is a solid camera, but even it needs to be sent in for service (thank you Nikon!)
3. Tri-X looks fantastic pulled to ASA-200 and developed in HC-110 Dil. E
4. Tri-X looks fantastic pushed to ASA-800 and developed in HC-110 Dil. A
5. I should’ve started pushing and pulling Tri-X sooner.
6. 24 Exposure rolls are your friend.
Now in my previous project I did an overview of all 52 weeks, but one thing I’ve really starting doing a good hard look at is editing my own work. By that I mean really only posting the best in my mind. So now I will reduce it even further and put forward my 10 favourites from the whole year.