A project that explores the history of churches in Ontario, Canada. The selection of churches is based on the following criteria. The congregation must have been formed before the 20th Century, the building they occupy must have been built before 1950, and the current congregation occupying the building must be the original congregation or of the same denomination. The church must still be an active congregation today.

Houses of Holy | Historical Churches of Halton Region
The overall colonial history of the Halton Region only began in the first years of the 19th Century. These churches represent some of the oldest congregations within the region. And while certainly not all the historic churches, this is the first round with the project theme.

0 – Houses of Holy | An Introduction
1 – Palermo United Church (1812)
2 – St. Peter’s Mission Church (1819)
3 – Boston Presbyterian Church (1820)
4 – Munn’s United Church (1823)
5 – St. John’s United Church (Oakville) (1832)
6 – Knox Presbyterian Church (Oakville) (1833)
7 – St. Luke’s Anglican Church (Burlington) (1834)
8 – St. Andrew’s Roman Catholic Church (1835)
9 – St. John’s Anglican Church (Burlington) (1835)
10 – St. Stephen’s Anglican Church (1836)
11 – St. George’s Anglican Church (Lowville) (1838)
12 – St Jude’s Anglican Church (1839)
13 – Nassagaweya Presbyterian Church (1839)
14 – St. John’s Anglican Church (Nassagaweya) (1840)
15 – St. John’s United Church (Georgetown) (1841)
16 – St. Luke’s Anglican Church (Palermo) (1842)
17 – Knox Presbyterian Church Sixteen (1845)
18 – Grace Anglican Church (1851)
19 – St. George’s Anglican Church (Georgetown) (1852)
20 – St. Paul’s United Church (1853)
21 – L’Eglise Sacré-Coeur (1855)
22 – Knox Presbyterian Church (Milton) (1855)
23 – St. David’s Presbyterian Church (1869)
24 – Houses of Holy | Conclusion

Houses of Holy Two | Historical Churches of Hamilton, Wentworth & Niagara
Houses of Holy Three | Historical Churches of Wellington & Waterloo